Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"I'm Not A Puerto Rican, But I'm Speaking So That You Know"

Well, I am half Puerto Rican, but the quote was in direct reference to this classic song. Seriously, I remember when they filmed this video in Prospect Park, in front of The Brooklyn Public Library (Grand Army Plaza) and E. Hall (Erasmus Hall High School) just off of Church Avenue and Flatbush Avenue.

I was a super youngin', but, even before I became a Baby Decept (I might get into that 1 day), I knew that Ed was an Autobot.  Niggas called him all kinds of pussy and what not, but he was reppin' for The Bush ... my hood ... Rogers & Nostrand Avenue kids had to love that, right?  Oh yeah, everybody said that I looked like a little version of son as well; I wasn't with that @ all ... lol. I couldn't walk into Sneaker King or the barbershop without hearing that shit.

In retrospect though, Special Ed was an important artist that too many people today forget about yo. My man Ojae FYC has a tag on Special Ed's "Youngest In Charge" album cover ... I think the homie Teo MDC does too. Check out the Lo in this video! Yeah, me thinks that it's time to take my cookie goose to the cleaners and officially get ready for Fall yall.

1 comment:

NatelyRenee said...

"And I make all the money from the rhymes I invent;
So it really doesn't matter how much I spent, because, yo
I make fresh rhymes daily
You burn me...really?
Think, just blink and I made a million rhymes
Just imagine if you blinked a million times
Damn Id be paid--
I got it made"

i wish i was dancing in that video.... good ole 90s background dancing! *siiigh* yes yes i remember Youngest in Charge--about to go listen to "Taxing"