Tuesday, September 16, 2008

"Do My Thing With An 89 Swing"

Aye aye aye! This song is almost 20 years old! Whoaaaaaaaaa! Anyway, while I have met very and I mean very few female MC's that can truly spit (please, no perverted jokes right now ... lol), I cannot be painted with the "chauvinist-soloist-male-MC" brush. Why? Because 1 of my all time favorite MC's, male OR female, is MC Lyte.

Sure, I stopped fucking with her once she dropped "Roughneck" and, even worse, that horrid commercial shit "Who Rocks The Party?". Who wouldn't? However, even those travesties can't erase my L.O.V.E. for incredible and timeless joints like "Paper Thin", "10% Diss" and the song featured here today, "Cha, Cha, Cha". Do you hear the bass line on this record? Seriously, MC to MC, 1 of the current crop of female rappers needs to do justice to this joint. Any takers? Show me what ya got lil lady.

No comments: