Monday, September 8, 2008

"The Hill That's Real"

My earlier post today regarding the new Marc Jacobs "Hardcore" belts instantly triggered my memory and inspired me to not only name that post after this song, but to also post the video for 1 of my all time favorite Hip Hop songs - "How About Some Hardcore?" from the M.ash O.ut P.osse. What yall know about their classic yet often overlooked debut album "To The Death"? "Heistmasters" anyone?

Here's some Hip Hop trivia for ya - Mr. "1 Million Dollar Video Budget" AKA Hype Williams actually directed M.O.P.'s "How About Some Hardcore?" video ... if you pay close attention, you can see the beginnings of his signature style in the shot angles and overall cinematography of this clip.

This is Brooklyn circa 1994! Rappers weren't afraid to be seen on the iron horse AND you could still back out a real tech-nina on screen ... lol. Also, peep how skinny your man Billy Danze was before he put on all that weight during his bid. They may have shutdown after a suspicious fire Prospect Plaza projects projects, but M.O.P. is still in full effect my nig. I know that I still "scream on niggas like a roller coaster" ... lol. Hood shit. Good shit.


BONUS:

Why wouldn't I include the DJ Premier remix to "Rugged Neva Smoove"?

No comments: