Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Hit Me On The Hip Anytime, I Don't Mind"


In honor of the homie T.I. dropping his latest album "Paper Trail" today I was inspired to do something different. Therefore, anticipating that most other blogs would feature his new music (I've been done that), I decided that it was the perfect time to take it back and either A) introduce Y.O.U. to or B) refresh your memory with some classic T.I.P. - "Dope Boyz". If you've ever been foolish, ignorant or biased-against-the-handful-of-Southern-rappers-who-can-truly-spit enough to doubt T.I.'s lyrical capacity, please listen to this song closely.

T.I.'s resilience is to be respected because he almost didn't make it out of the streets OR his 1st major label deal and the flop of a record that was released. Fast forward a few years and the homie has done quite alright for himself. This is the definition of "grindin'". Good shit.

No comments: