6 years ago
"Gucci announced the launch of their app for iPhone and iPod touch, which is now available from the App Store. The app brings the worlds of fashion, technology and music together offering Gucci enthusiasts access to exclusive Gucci products, unique playlists, videos, fashion shows, news, events, latest collections, store listings and the ability to mix their own music. The rich content was developed specifically with the Gucci loyalist in mind, the music portion along with DJ Mark Ronson, and delivers a new way to experience the varied world of the Gucci lifestyle. The launch of the app has been timed to coincide with the itinerant GUCCI ICON-TEMPORARY project, a traveling sneaker store that opens on this Saturday, October 24th at 43 Crosby Street in New York, before moving to Miami on December 1st and then to London and Tokyo in Spring 2010.
We’ll be getting a sneak peek of the traveling sneaker store tomorrow and will get you all a preview. More info on the app after the jump…
Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini collaborated with award-winning musical artist and producer Mark Ronson on key features of the app including:
* The Gucci Ronson Sneaker: Giannini and Ronson have designed a collection of limited edition sneakers in conjunction with the GUCCI ICON-TEMPORARY travelling sneaker store project. For each city opening in the US, one special Gucci Ronson model has been reserved exclusively for the Gucci App. Only iPhone and iPod touch users can view these coveted models, and only they have the ability to purchase it.
* Gucci Beats: One of the most progressive features of the Gucci App allows users to mix their own music tracks on a virtual turntable. Ronson has provided loops that can be individually manipulated by layering on various beats, sound types, drums, bass and vocals. Users are given DJ-like creative and technical capabilities on their iPhone or iPod touch and can save and share their original tracks with friends via email or Facebook.
* Frida and Mark’s Playlists: Both Giannini and Ronson have created their own personal playlists for the Gucci App, which can be downloaded directly from the iTunes Store. A well-documented music lover, Giannini has included a mix of tracks currently inspiring her fashion collections.
“Apps are the new virtual accessory, so I approached the design of Gucci’s first app in the same way I do with a bag or shoe from my collections,” said Frida Giannini, Gucci’s Creative Director. “I looked to provide the essence of the Gucci lifestyle experience in a way that takes full advantage of the technological capabilities of the revolutionary iPhone and iPod touch. Of course Mark Ronson’s contribution ensures that the Gucci App is truly unique.”
Additional features of the Gucci App include:
* Gucci Music Channel: Functioning like a proprietary Gucci radio station, the Gucci Music Channel lets users access the music stream whenever they wish.
* Gucci Little Black Book: The app conveniently features best-of information for hotels, restaurants, bars and clubs in more than 20 major cities around the world. Also included in this section is a list of Giannini’s own favorite spots around the world. Here, Gucci fans have exclusive access to the fashion designer’s personal advice.
* In-store Exclusives at GUCCI ICON-TEMPORARY stores: Users of the Gucci App can interface with the temporary retail spaces via a store-based network that automatically updates the customer’s Gucci App using the push notification feature letting them wirelessly download photos of all the ICON-TEMPORARY sneakers, as well as a special playlist curated by Ronson."
"The Italian fashion house Fendi comes with a new funny concept of bag.
Now, you can have your Fendi Baguette, where “your” means unique and really representing your own style. How is it possible?
With the new Fendi limited edition called Baguette Mezzo Punto.
“Mezzo punto” is the Italian for “half stitch”, so you have to bring this canvas bag, a needle and all your fantasy! There are in Fendi box also diagrams and illustrations help beginning stitchers.
Fendi Baguette Mezzo Punto will be presented at Design Miami/Basel in December.
”Fendi is a creativity factory that supports talent without boundaries. In these challenging times in which the world is changing rapidly, we wanted to exalt pure creativity by putting attention on traditional materials and low technology techniques.
We wanted to rediscover the power and the beauty of ‘Fatto a Mano’ (Hand-Craft)” Fendi Accesories Creative Director Silvia Venturini Fendi said.
“Fendistrongly believes that creativity and the flow of ideas are the Fuel for the Future. Forever.”
"Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' Performance at World Series Pushed Back
Due to 'the forecast for inclement weather,' Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' collaborative performance has been moved to Thursday, October 29.
Originally staged for October 28 before game 1 of the World Series, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' "Empire State of Mind" duet performance has been delayed. They are now slated to take the stage of Yankee Stadium on October 29.
"The performance was changed due to the forecast for inclement weather for Wednesday, October 28," a joint statement from Jay-Z and Major League Baseball unveiled. "Staging for the performance could adversely impact the field if it is wet, creating damaged and unsafe playing conditions."
Jay-Z previously has shared his excitement regarding the upcoming event mostly because he is a die-hard fan of Yankee. "I'm honored to perform a song that celebrates the greatness of New York in one of our city's most important landmarks, Yankee Stadium," Jay-Z gushed. "I'm beyond excited about it, and on top of that, it's a New York record. It's a record that pays homage to New York. The timing of that couldn't be better."