Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Movie Trailer: Notorious.

When I 1st heard that this movie was seriously going into production, like many, I was unenthusiastic to say the least.  I mean, as not only a true Hip Hop head to the core, but, particularly, as a Brooklyn nigga that rode with Biggie from day 1, I had my doubts about how well ANYBODY could pull this film off within the confines of the Hollywood system. Like, how real would they keep it for my man Francis M.-To-The-Iz-H really?

With that said, while I am fully aware that this early trailer for Notorious doesn't even have a hint of dialogue in it, I am officially ready to give this film a proper chance.

Sure, Gravy is a terrible rapper, but he has, at least visually, managed to capture some of B.I.G.'s mannerisms and personality.  Plus, shorty that was cast as Faith Evans looks even better than than real Faith looked when she was Faith ... lol.

All I know is that I'd better not go down to my "Blackbuster" video man on Dekalb Avenue and see this on bootleg anytime soon ... lol.  Yes, of course I'd watch it, but I wouldn't feel right about it ... unless it was a perfect studio screener copy or something ... lol.  It is what it is. 

1 comment:

Avyanka said...

I wasn't so interested at first either, but I was just discussing this movie with my mom this morning... apparently she knows people who know people working on the film... and she was saying that Voletta Wallace is funding it, at least in part and that she has the final say. Now I hear that three different endings were filmed and that one of them implicates P Diddy's involvement with BIG's death ... hmmmm, which one will she approve???