Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Grow Up: Panerai Limited Edition Radiomir Titanium Watch.




I've always been a collector of sorts.  Even today I still have 2 boxes of valuable comics sitting in my closet in dusty mylar covers ... lol.  My clothes (vintage and/or contemporary alike) are a whole other story of large bags and poppin' tags my nig ... lol. As I mature though, my tastes have grown to include and focus on different things, 1 of which has become fine watches.  Now, honestly, I can't afford to amass a collection of expensive timepieces yet, but I can admire their complications and learn enough to fuck up the salesperson @ Tourneau when I reach there.  Yeah, I know that the best watches don't even have diamonds my man.  Score 1 for the hood!

Anyway, Panerai (while not extremely popular with the rappers ... lol) is 1 of the watch companies that I have come to greatly respect over the years. Founded in 1860 by Italian watch maker Giovanni Panerai, the Panerai brand has since become a premiere name in the watch making industry. Today, 148 years later, the house that Giovanni built has just recently released the special edition Radiomir Titanium in 2 exclusive colors one in black limited to 100 units and the considerably more coveted brown version which is limited to only 50 units. This is the kind of watch that only a true boss can appreciate. Now, take the information provided below and go and "wow!" your friends!


Movement: hand-wound mechanical, exclusive Panerai OP XXVII calibre, 16 ¾ lignes, 18 jewels, monometallic Glucydur® balance, 18,000 alternations/hour, KIF Parechoc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 55 hours.

Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds.

Case: diameter 47 mm, brushed titanium with removable wire loop strap attachments (patented). Winding crown personalized Panerai.

Bezel: polished titanium.

Back: see-through sapphire crystal.

Dial: brown with pink gold ring and luminous Arabic numerals and hour markers. Small seconds at 9 o’clock.

Crystal: sapphire, formed of corundum, 1.9 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.

Water Resistance: 100 metres.

Strap: PANERAI personalized alligator strap and brushed large-size titanium buckle.

Production Note: "Radiomir" was the self-luminescent material used to paint the hands and numurals on the dial of the watch. Later, Panerai changed this material to “Luminor” which was still self-luminescent, but not as dangerous as the original radioactive material. Panerai named it's watches after the material by the luminescent it used.

No comments: