Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 News x Speculation Surrounding The "Hey! We've Got Swagger Too" Remix.



"News Bits: The Jay-Z Edition
September 29th, 2008 | Author: Omar Burgess

If nothing else, things will get a lot more interesting for Jay-Z during the fourth quarter. BET.com's Nile "Low Key" Ivey reports, via the network's "Sound Off" blog, that Jay has decided on Dec. 2 as the release date for Blueprint 3. The rumor mill began circulating after Jay-Z and Kanye West leaked "Jockin' Jay-Z (Dope Boy Fresh)" in August. The album will be Jay-Z's last contractual obligation under his current agreement. Def Jam has not responded to requests to confirm the news.

Jay-Z has confirmed the rumor that he is working on his own version of "Swagger Like Us." He originally appeared with Lil Wayne, Kanye West and T.I. on the original, which is featured on T.I.'s upcoming Paper Trail. Guest verses from Young Jeezy, Nas and Andre 3000 have already been recorded for the Blueprint 3 version.

Additionally, HipHopDX has obtained documents naming Jay-Z in an intellectual property lawsuit. Reggie Evans, CEO of I Will Not Lose, LLC, is attempting to sue the multi-platinum rapper over the use of the phrase "I Will Not Lose." The suit lists Shawn Corey Carter and Iconix Brand Group, Inc., who purchased Rocawear in 2007 for $204 million.

The court documents, which were originally filed on Sept. 18, accuse Jay-Z and Iconix of intellectual property and copyright infringement. Jay-Z began prominently using the phrase "I Will Not Lose" in 2000, after releasing The Dynasty: Roc La Familia. Evans' camp maintains that they sent multiple unanswered notices to Jay-Z and Iconix in 2007 after trademarking the phrase."

Information Courtesy Of: Hiphopdx.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Sooooooooooooooo, if the source for this story is correct, then Jay-Z really is dropping The Blueprint 3 this December? I don't know guys, this doesn't feel right to me ... like, I think that Jay-Z is still stuck in his personal 1-great-album-followed-by-a-lackluster-rushed-album-just-because-I'm-Jay-Z-and-I-can't-stand-to-see-anybody-else-run-the-4th-quarter Matrix. I will reserve judgement until 2 more records have leaked as I am treating "Jockin' Jay-Z" as just a street leak/white label joint right now. Also, I want to really see how this "Swagger Like Us Pt. 2" version shapes up.

I've read around the net how some people want to switch up the roster and include Eminem over Young Jeezy. Really? Look, I respect your internet geek fantasies, but, as a practical matter, if anybody should be replaced, it should probably be Nas whose "swagger" has always been questionable (NOTE: Although his tight pink suit might actually work in today's exaggerated skinny jeans "hipster" market). If they did replace Nas though, who else (that was NOT on the 1st record) has the starpower to warrant such a huge feature? Any ideas yall? Oh yeah, I'm not even gonna comment on the bullshit lawsuit my nigga. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: