Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pause For The Kaws.




"On Saturday, October 18th 2008, Nike Sportswear will release two Air Max sneakers created in partnership with Brooklyn-based artist KAWS. The iconic Air Max 90 and the Air Max 90 Current receive a technical update by KAWS and Nike Sportswear Design Director Jesse Leyva.

Featuring innovative 4-way stretch textiles, the two shoes take inspiration from ACG, Nike’s outdoor product line, creating “something with a trail running attitude, on an iconic footwear style” says Leyva. KAWS added, “I wanted to create a simple shoe that I could wear, with subtle design elements someone could enjoy on a more personal level.”

The OriginalFake Air Max 90 and OriginalFake Air Max 90 Current created in partnership between KAWS and NIKE will be exclusively available on October 18th, 2008 at the following retailers:

Nike Sportswear at 21 Mercer
21 Mercer
NY, NY

Nike Sportswear at The Montalbán
1615 Vine Street
LA, CA"

Information Courtesy Of: Highsnobiety.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As the anti-trend master of disaster that I am I must admit that I step 10 paces back from anything OR any brand that even remotely looks like it is going to be taken over by pre-programmed trendoids and their denizens. Anyway, I say all of that to say that I haven't ever really fucked with Kaws (I didn't even know that he was based in Brooklyn) or any of his clothing collaborations. Some of his work is really dope, but I just feel like it's 1 of the many gateway drugs to trendiness and I prefer to just say NO! LOL. I'm a real nigga though and, as such, even I can't front on these kicks.

I appreciate the restraint that was shown in the making of these sneakers ... they realized that 1 neon/lime green color was enough and they successfully fought the urge to sell Skittle© packs for your feet ... lol. Ever the capitalist I know that, @ the very least, I can cop these Kaws/OriginalFake Air Max 90s, put them on chill for a minute and then sell them on eBay for a handsome ransom. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: