Wednesday, October 29, 2008

That's How I Roll.


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Truth is the foundation upon which the house of "good" humor (not to be confused with the ice cream company, delicious though that conversation would be) is courageously built. The more solid the brick and mortar of biting wit and apperceptive critique are stacked and structured, the more valuable it becomes to the audience. The real estate established in the hearts and minds of those whom relate to and share a common truth could never be foreclosed upon by lenders. This particular picture resonated with me in such a way.

At various times in my life, explicitly and implicitly, I have been persuaded to "dumb down" my lyrics, my commerce and, ultimately, myself by people who did not, would not or simply could not understand me. At various times in my life, when an otherwise independent mind has been clouded and made vulnerable by the lust for greater social inclusion, I have, regretfully, even considered it.

Fortunately, my Fox 5 Drive-In Movie (Oh yes, I will be covering that NYC television classic soon homie and I will go in) Karate like mind has allowed me to steel myself with the vague recollection of Bruce Lee's suggestion that we, "Be like water". More or less, the kid knows how to adjust and thus I am remarkably comfortable in my own skin.

I wear expensive labels, but cannot be defined by them. To the NYS Supreme Court judge I am an irredeemable "thug", yet, to my beautiful mother, I am her 1st born son who has a penchant for drawing and loved Popeye as a child - this thing of ours is so complex.

I pride myself on being a grounded and well rounded individual, indivisible in spitting spite of the bullshit that naysayers throw. My life is a study in contrast and Livestyle celebrates that. I write legibly and commit felonies, go figure ... lol. So, now the question becomes, Do Y.O.U. really do Y.O.U. or do Y.O.U. just pretend to? Know the difference.

No comments: