Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Rolex Daytona Everose AKA "Never A Flaw"



"The Rolex Daytona Everose is the first Daytona made of the special Everose gold alloy developed by Rolex which contains gold, copper and platinum. The watch features an eighteen karat Everose gold case and bracelet with a black dial. The bracelet like with other Daytona models features both brushed and polished Everose gold links. The watch features the standard Daytona chronograph movement featuring the Rolex Parachrom spiral designed to protect the movement shocks and magnetic fields."

Information Courtesy Of: Sybarites.Org


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: I've been a fan of and have been wearing rose gold jewelry for about 3 years now and I am glad to see more high end watchmakers making good use of this metal.  For awhile, all that I would find (unless it was exorbitantly priced) were cheap "techno" something watches with rose gold plating and that's simply NOT where I wanted to take my next timepiece purchase.

Now, I am certainly not in the position yet to drop $30,000 on this beautiful Rolex Daytona Everose masterpiece, however, as an industry leader, I am happy to see where Rolex is aesthetically driving the market.  The black dial with the contrasting subdials is a nice touch as well.  Y.O.U. could put a heavy princess set bezel on here without fucking up the watch, but please resist the urge to turn this into a "rapper" watch ... lol.  Elegance always prevails homie.


BONUS:
Once again I have worked a classic Hip Hop reference into this entry's title. Y.O.U. already know that I've gotta keep yall on point here @ Livestyle, right? Right. Be not ashamed if Y.O.U. don't know this 1 off top though, it is, after all, an adlib from the very beginning of the song featured above. "Damn ma. I love ya like the lah". LOL. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: