Friday, November 14, 2008

Sealkay Japanese "Rahzel" Jeans = Nobu Cool.


"Sealkay are a brand that hasn’t been on Selectism’s radar. We knew they made jeans, but they were usually of the Diesel-like over faded variety. They’re clearly looking to change things with these Japanese Rahzel jeans. Using 100% Japanese organic cotton, the wash is distinctly dark and plain. In addition to that, each pair has a serial number and comes in a rustic wooden box with a pair of chopsticks. Get it from Elements."

Information Courtesy Of: Selectism.Com

Available Online Here: Elementsclothing.Co.Uk


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS:  In the interest of full disclosure, I will readily admit that, aesthetically, with respect to clothing, I have relatively conservative tastes.  What does that mean?  Well, let's just say that Y.O.U. won't ever catch me in a pair of waist 28 red skinny jeans with a Dashiki print cap on carrying a man-purse or "murse" ... lol.  Not only are such styles gay, they are also tacky and beg for the wrong kind of desperate attention.  No, Chris Live AKA Shaker likes to keep it simple and, instead, attract the eyes of those who can appreciate subtlety and attention to detail.  1st class is the only way to fly.

Somewhere around 2002, growing more and more disenfranchised with the glittery "bedazzler" laced jeans that were starting to pop up and have since taken over 75% of the denim market, I embarked on a personal quest to find classically constructed jeans.  I fell in L.O.V.E. with high quality selvedge denim and dark wash styles from a number of brands.  Price has never been a motivating factor ... I will cop any pair that I like from basic Levi's 501 to Earnest Sewn.

Anyway, although these don't appear to be the ultra hardcore stiff selvedge denim that I prefer, I fuxs with these Sealkay Japanese "Rahzel" jeans.  What can I say?  The Japanese DO know their denim. 

No comments: