Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Veuve Clicquot Signature Champagne Bar @ Harrods = "The Veuve Crew Is Back Off Vacation"!


"Harrods, the block-long High Street retail mecca in London, has added yet another reason to stop and shop this holiday season. Now you can drink champagne (Veuve Clicquot, no less) while browsing. Veuve has opened a champagne bar amongst the high-fashion threads on the first floor of the seven-story palace. The signature gray and yellow lounge serves up the full range of Veuve champagnes, both by the bottle and the glass. There’s also a small a la carte menu and Veuve gifts to be had. Bottoms up."

Information Courtesy Of: Blackbookmag.Com

Visit Harrods Online: Harrods.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Clothing, music and real estate are not the only arenas in which I consistently exhibit exquisite visionary taste. I pride myself on my individuality and my ability to appreciate life beyond superficial brand names.

Case In Point: During the late 1990's while everybody was blowing money on bottles of Cristal in a pathetic attempt to keep up with the rap "Joneses", I, and my cohorts, began to imbibe large amounts of Veuve Cliquot everywhere we went. Seriously, from Club Spa (renamed several times in years since), to Lotus, to birthday parties, Bar Mitzvahs and any street corner that we chose. The founding members included such inspirational people as Rob Young, Javon, Yves, Michelle, Nicole, my brother Niketown and, later, Paul Parris.

So, why Veuve Cliquot? Well, having been blessed with quite the discerning palate, I simply found it's taste to be superior to that of other bubblies ... I didn't need any rapper to green light my champagne of choice. In fact, I have never liked the taste of Cristal. I have popped my share of Cristal bottles and I was disappointed that I spent $500 or better on that shit in the club every time my nigga. Plus, my crew was on some other shit. We were fly while most people were still taxing the runway and we don't follow trends.

Today, now that the world is beginning to catch up to my Veuve Crew, I have no complaints. Although Livestyle is all about exclusivity, this is 1 trend that I would not mind catching on.

Oh yeah, the house that Madame Clicquot built has just given me 1 more awesome reason to visit London's shopping paradise, Harrods, with this bar. Livestyle is always about being the "Best Of The Breed". Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: