Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Can Y.O.U. Feel It? Nothing Can Save Ya"


Russell Simmons

Rachel Zoe

Sarah Jessica Parker And Matthew Broderick

Diddy

Tim Robbins
Kim Kardashian


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS:  Although I have been eligible to vote for a number of years, I had heretofore never registered because, simply put, I never enough of a fuck to participate in our democracy like that.  I can blame my non-inolvement on immaturity, accute political apathy and a lack of options with regard to candidates worth actually voting for.  This was the 1st time that I have ever voted in a national election and it felt thoroughly good.

Exiting the polls on Tuesday afternoon, I was proud to be an American and I was swept up in a sea of emotion ... it felt like it was Christmas, New Year's Eve and my birthday all rolled up into 1 Obama holiday ... lol.  It appears that I was in great celebrity company. "Damn, it feels good to see people up on it!"


BONUS:
Every so often, I make a reference that is too appropriate. Indeed, the accuracy of such allusions borders on genius ... lol . The title of this post and the last sentence of the last paragraph of the main entry corresponds to the all inclusive movement that the Barack Obama campaign was able to inspire and is a direct quote from 1 of the legendary Biz Markie's greatest songs, "The Vapors", which, coincidentally, is the perfect word to describe the sickness that all non believers have come down with in the wake of Obama's resounding victory. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments: