Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I Got Myself An Uzi x My Brother A 9"

I would be a huge liar if, in a piss poor attempt to pander to my old school Hip Hop traditionalist readers, I were to claim that Krs-1 is the greatest rapper of all time because, in my esteemed estimation, he simply is not. Now, hold on! Please don't get your furry Kangol all wrinkled up in a bunch ... I have wild respect for this man and his diesel discography of genre defining hits.

Case In Point: "Love's Gonna Get'cha (Material Love) from 1990. This cautionary tale spun from the bullet riddled, broken glass strewn and burnt down building cluttered streets of New York City's South Bronx section took the gloss off of the floss @ the height of the crack era and, thus, is 1 of the greatest Hip Hop songs ever made. How about that young scrap? LOL. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: