Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mom, Can I Have Some Money? The BBC/Ice Cream Skateboard Decks Are Coming!




"This Ice Cream Skateboard Deck features signature Ice Cream “Melting” logo on the top of the deck. The graphic on the bottom of the deck was created by placing the two stickers that come with the board on an actual deck, skating on the deck and then using the used deck as the actual artwork.

Deck comes with two stickers. Very limited quantities.

Length- 31 1/2″
Width- 8″

Price: $55.00"

Information Courtesy Of: Fyi-Mag.Com

Visit The BBC/Ice Cream Shop Online: Bbcicecream.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: While some people have lambasted Pharrell Williams as a fraud and accused him of busting an ollie onto the skateboard bandwagon about 2 decades too late, I personally do NOT think that the "P" in Skateboard P. stands for "poser" ... lol.

I grew up skateboarding my way through Flatbush, Brooklyn and grinding @ "The Banks" underneath the Brooklyn Bridge on the Manhattan side, so, although I don't skate anymore, I have always respected the scene and still feel a very real connection to that world.

Sure, Pharrell doesn't have the street pedigree that I and, to a much larger extent, some of my NYC contemporaries have, but I applaud his sincere L.O.V.E. of the game and his passion for thrashing. If, indeed, as the magzine title suggests, the goal is to take skateboarding "Trans-World", then Pharrell has done his part my nigga.

Pharrell has done his homework and I appreciate that these limited edition BBC/Ice Cream Skateboad Decks look curb ready and, more importantly, are available @ a very reasonable price point. I mean, them BBC boys could easily charge $200 or more for these decks and have every trendoid hipster trying to snatch a board up just so they could barely balance on it while they strenuously stretch their tight jean wrapped legs attempting to push their way through SoHo. Yes, BBC could have done that, but, thankfully, they did not. I respect that. So, the moral of the story is that I fuxs with these boards and Y.O.U. should too! Real recognize real.


BONUS:

Oh yeah, as Y.O.U. may have been able to glean from the title of this post, my random pop culture reference game is "Deliriously" "Raw" like a young Eddie Murphy. Tell a friend.

No comments: