Thursday, March 5, 2009

Papier Bags By Saskia Diez = Arts x Crafts For Adults.



"When I was bullied at school, the other kids told me I couldn't punch my way out of a paper bag (they also tried to steal my pocket calculator and they would always call me "four-eyes"). If only Tyvek had been around back then -- I could have made the geekily satisfying retort "That's not a paper bag. That's a high-density polyethylene fiber bag, stupid." My well-deserved beating would have swiftly followed.

These lovely bags are made from the same non-paper paper. Tyvek is the stuff used to make super-tough shipping envelopes -- it can be folded and cut, but is waterproof and cannot be torn. It also looks a lot like regular paper, lending a novel touch to these bags from Stefan Diez, designed for his wife Saskia Diez.

Named Papier, the bags will be on show in Paris gallery/fashion store Rendez-Vous. As is often the way when we bring you news of fashion goods, their presence on the web is almost non-existent. You can be assured, though, that I'll be keeping my bag-fetish eye on these paper sacks, just in case they pop up in a real shop that, you know, actually sells things. In the meantime, I'm off to the hardware store to find some of this Tyvek. I have a few neat projects in mind."

Information Courtesy Of: Blog.Wired.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As if the concept of "Going Green" wasn't already chic enough, these Papier paper bags made of space age DuPont™ Tyvek® could very well become the rallying buy for the tree hugging sect of the greater trendoid contingent if ever released to the retail market. Designed by Stefan Diez for his wife, jewelry maker extraordinaire Saskia Diez, these recyclable cut-and-paste handbag creations are just a glimpse of what can be achieved with this amazing material. I mean, just imagine: patchouli incense, chewsticks, Teva sandals and 1 of these über cool Papier bags - @ last, even Hippies can get fly. LOL. Good shit.

No comments: