Saturday, February 14, 2009

St. Valentine's Day Massacre OR S.ingle A.wareness D.ay.


"I wrote your name in the sand but the waves washed it away,
I wrote your name in the clouds but the winds blew it away,
so I wrote your name in my heart and forever it will stay." - Unknown



CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Although there is much merit to the cynical opinion that regards the current celebration of St. Valentine's Day as just another corporate construct that employs media pressure and coercion to convince men that, if they truly care about the woman in their life, they must pronounce it with gifts on this specific day, I can't complain too much. Why? Because I agree with the overall sentiment. No, it should not all come down to a forced gesture on some holiday that has, increasingly, lost it's meaning, however, L.O.V.E. is L.O.V.E. homie. That having been said, Happy Valentine's Day to all of my loyal Livestyle readers and I hope and pray that the true L.O.V.E. in your life transcends this romantic respite and, indeed, endures everyday for Y.O.U. and yours. GOD bless.

No comments: