Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Still "Fuck The Police".

CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Sadly, in a misguided and, as this video illustrates, dangerous effort to prove themselves to their colleagues, Black police officers often overcompensate for their "Blackness" by demeaning and inflicting great pain on people who, without the badge and the blue uniform, would look just like them. It is as if many Black police officers (though, certainly not all) use such acts of aggression as a way to show their absolute allegiance to the "Boys In Blue". In effect, such disproportionate responses to situations that they interpret as threats to their ego and their social ranking in the precinct are meant to say, "Hey! Look @ my willingness to and, indeed, the joy that I derive from mistreating other people who look like me. I am not like these other niggers nor am I sympathetic to them and/or their needs. I can be trusted".

Such brutal disassociative measures are NEVER acceptable and I am glad that some "Joe-Schmoe" on the street had the balls to tape this incident and, more importantly, the where-with-all, even in the face of police harassment, to "no-look" pass the counter-evidence tape to 1 of the victim's friends in the crowd. I've had cops lie and lock me up for no reason before ... that shit aint no joke homie. While I am not a fan of "big brother" surveillance following our each and every move, I am super happy that, every once in awhile, we get to police the police. Message to the victim: Sue the fuck out of New York City and slap them bitch assed cops with a civil suit that would make their mama cry! Good shit.


BONUS:

Krs-1 - Black Cop (Circa 1993)

No comments: