Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Nike x Transformers Megatron Zoom Flight Club Pack = What's The Flava? DECEPT!








"To celebrate the release of Transformers 2, Nike Basketball has teamed up with Hasbro for a fully licensed collaboration set that will feature three shoes, including the Zoom Sharkalaid, Zoom FP and Zoom Flight Club.

The Zoom Flight Club, styled up in a colorway inspired by Transformers villain Megatron, features a clear shroud along the upper, with abrasion resistant panels along the toe, strap and heel. There’s also a neon grid lining pattern as well as a backpainted red window that houses the heel Zoom Air unit.

Designed by Jason Petrie, the Zoom Flight Club combines the aesthetics of the Flight 89, Zoom Glove and Hyperflight. The shoes also come along with detailed packaging to tie back into the comic collecting world that has made Transformers one of the most popular franchises ever. Along the box, you’ll find original Hasbro graphics, a J-hook for hanging display and decoder profiles highlighting the robot’s powers.

Releasing July 10th in limited quantities in Hong Kong, the Philippines, Taiwan and at the House Of Hoops here in the US, expect the Megatron Zoom Flight Club to retail for $125.
"

Information Courtesy Of: Solecollector.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Now, do I absolutely L.O.V.E. these sneakers? No. However, being a true child of the 80's (and not some feckless I-was-born-in-1989-therefore-I-have-NO-applicable-understanding-of-1980's-pop-culture-yet-I-insist-on-calling-myself-a-wack-ass-"80's-Baby"), my inner inner city child will always be a Toys-R-Us kid and, as such, the awesome retro packaging resplendent in O.G. Hasbro graphics speaks directly to my soul! LOL.

Come to think of it, the 2nd installment (NOTE: The initial pairing of which produced the "Optimus Air Trainer III" and the "Megatron Air Trainer III" sneakers both based on the silhouette of the Nike Free 7.0 running shoe and released in conjuction with the 1st Transfomers live action movie 2 years ago.) of the Nike x Transformers franchise marketing bonanaza aint so b-a-d. If pressed to pick a pair of kicks from this persnickety limited edition Nike x Transformers Megatron Zoom Flight Club pack, then I would have to go with the Hyperflight "Decepticon Purple" people eaters homie ... lol.

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn my nig ... "What's the flava? DECEPT!". Oh, Y.O.U. don't know what that means, huh? Not to worry, in strict accordance with the Livestyle doctrine of comprehensive refinement, it is incumbent upon me to school yall to that part of my personal street history ... and I will ... whenever the fuck I feel like it ... lol. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: