Thursday, July 2, 2009

Drake - Best I Ever Had (Directed By Kanye West)(Starring: Tons Of T x A)

Drake "Best I Ever Had" from kwest on Vimeo.


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Can Y.O.U. say "anti-climactic"? LOL. After weeks of hype and anticipation, the video for Drake's hit song "Best I Ever Had" has become the online Hip Hop video failure of the day. Now, while it is clear that Drake, as immensely talented as he is, lacks the necessary "cool" that would constitute a healthy amount of star power and "swagger" (NOTE: I still hate that increasingly generic term, but, in this case, it is sooooooo apropos) we cannot and should not place all of the blame on this Maple Leaf MC. No, part of the blame has gotta go to Yeezy because, well, he directed it. The only bright spot in this poorly lit dark spot of a marketing vehicle are the buxom beauties who make this video truly the "BREAST I Ever Had" ... lol. Son, I was on the set for this shit and, trust me, they edited the fuck out of what could have easily been an incredible visual for this young artist.  I can't call it.  Hey, it is what it is.

No comments: