Thursday, January 15, 2009

Polo Ralph Lauren x The Richemont Group Set To Release Line Of Luxury Watches AKA Y.O.U. Can Never Have Too Much Polo.



"Polo Ralph Lauren was recently admitted to the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH), a prestigious luxury watch industry trade show. Interestingly enough Ralph Lauren does not currently offer any luxury watches. That is all going to change soon as Ralph Lauren has partnered with the prestigious watch making Richemont Group to produce watches with a license from [the] popular fashion house. The new watches will be distributed through a number of global retailers under the "Polo Ralph Lauren Watch and Jewelery Company" name.

Richemont is the controlling group behind a number of high performing luxury watch brands such and IWC, Officine Panerai, and Cartier. The ensuing Polo Ralph Lauren watches will be established as luxury models, though no images of the designs have been made available just yet. This will all change in less than two weeks as the new watch brand is set to release its first line of models at the 2009 SIHH show later this month in Geneva."

Information Courtesy Of: Luxist.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Leave it to Ralph Lauren to make a liar out of me on my own blog ... lol. While I totally stand by my assertion that I do not believe in purchasing luxury watches from non-traditional master watch craftsmen and their representative firms, I am going to have to give these Polo Ralph Lauren watches a look. Polo Ralph Lauren has been partnered with the well respected Richemont Group for a few years, but, only now, are they set to unveil this collection of watches. I will say this now though, anything above $5,000 and I will be forced to summarily choose my Breitling, or any other more formidable timepiece manufacturer, over these new innovations. Sorry Ralph, while I might bend the rules for Y.O.U., I cannot be expected to break them all homie ... lol. It is what it is.

No comments: