Monday, January 5, 2009

Pharrell's BBC Ice Cream Season 8 Collection "Show-N-Tell" Lookbook Just Earned This Brand A Coveted Spot On My Good Side.









Information Courtesy of: BBCicecream.Co.Jp/Blog

View The Entire Official BBC Ice Cream Lookbook Online Here: BBCicecream.Com/Lookbook


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As discussed @ great length in a previous entry of Livestyle, there are some brands that truly pique my interest (like A-Life and, particularly, the always impressive Supreme) that I just really I have a very difficult time purchasing because they are industrial-strength-hipster-douche-bag magnets. Too many intellectually lazy fuck boy trendoid followers flocking to your brand = a guarantee that Chris Live AKA Shaker will not wear your brand. Fairly or not, unfortunately, B.illionaire B.oy's C.lub has earned the same dubious distinction in my book.

In the interest of full disclosure though, my cousins Rob and Javon (2 people whose closets get the Livestyle Achievement Award for certified "dopeness" each year) have, through their excessive (READ: O.D.) patronage of both A Bathing Ape and, by extension, BBC, have made me give the homie Pharrell's label a real 2nd look.

With Season 8 of his burgeoning BBC brand I am happy to see Pharrell getting away from the in-your-face bright ass colors (cheap fashion shock value kind of shit) and really starting to pay attention to his item's details, silhouettes and overall construction. While I categorically refuse to fuxs with approximately 49.9% of this stuff (Jeans with a melting "ice cream" motif along the top of the waistline? Really?), this new collection does contain a few gems my nigga.

Basically, while Y.O.U. will never ever see me all BBC'ed out, I might have to seriously reconsider my stance on this clothing line and cop a few heavy exclusives to add to my esteemed rotation. We'll see where this goes. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: