Friday, December 5, 2008

Nudie Jeans Takes Y.O.U. To The Lab To Study The Science Of Selvage Denim 101.



"Sweden’s Nudie is looking to increase their already strong denim market share with the Nudie Selvage Lab. Before we go there, let’s remember that Nudie is one of those ambassador types of denim companies - they bring the people into specialty denim shops with customers asking for Nudie by name. They’re known for their fit, quality, and break in. Aspiring denim heads look to Nudie to show them [what] the future will hold at a sane price.

Now, with the Selvage Lab, Nudie hopes in producing one off denim units - hand laundered in their lab in Sweden - that are “inspired by vintage and real worn in jeans.” What you get is a pair of “broken” in denim which will save you endless hours of wear and Febreze spritzing. Each pair of Selvage Lab Nudies are unique and come with pure silver trims, narrow belt loops, and embossed leather patches. Let’s just call it premium. Selvage Lab Nudies not cheap and will not be available in large quantities, so be sure to ask your dealer for more information and availability."

Information Courtesy Of: Selectism.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As a child, coming of age in the streets of Brooklyn during the late 1980's and really hitting full steam in the early 1990's, I pledged unyielding alligiance to Georges Marciano and his generation defining Guess© Jeans. While I did own a few pairs of Levi's jeans and Cotler's (shhhhhhhh!), the only denim that could appropriately complement my prolific collection of Polo gear were Guess© Jeans. Aside from a pair of RRL jeans that I had, no other brands ever touched the tops of my 40 Below Timbs. All of that changed, however, somewhere around 1997.

I saw the fuckery that fashion was becoming and, with greater competition from upstart urban brands that seemingly existed for the sole purpose of following and promoting only the tackiest of trends, my go-to guys like Guess© started selling horrific jeans with shiny washes, the worst designs ever and weirdo pocket arrangements. What was I supposed to do? Enter: Premium denim.

My cousin Rob Young, a fellow Lo aficionado, put the bug in my ear about some brand named Evisu that was pitching (gasp!) $300 jeans! What I couldn't fathom then when I was used to paying $70 tops for a good pair of Guess© Jeans has, now, become relatively normal. Not that I regularly pay $300 for a pair of jeans, but I have before, and I am sure that I will again. I have since evolved as a consumer to appreciate simple craftsmanship with an emphasis on exceptional materials and high quality manufacture. With that said, I L.O.V.E. Nudie Jeans! Nudie Jeans offer some of the best denim on the market with a fit and wear that are 2nd to none AND they are not ridiculously expensive.

Now, admittedly, I don't know shit about these particular limited edition bespoke Nudie Selvage Lab creations featured here, but, I always expect top notch work from the good people @ Nudie. Basically, if Y.O.U. are seriously looking to step your denim experience up, make the Nudie Selvage Lab your next move and your best move. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: