Monday, December 29, 2008

A New Standard: The Journal Standard Hooded Duffle Varsity Jacket.


"The varsity jacket is definitely one of our favorite pieces in the wardrobe and especially in recent months we have seen some great alterations of the classic, especially out of Japan. Here is another one, coming from Journal Standard.

Their new hooded varsity jacket comes with a premium wool body, leather sleeves and further leather accents on the pockets. The added hood is not only functional, but also looks really good and they even added some characteristics of the classic duffle coat. Works for us!

The Journal Standard Hooded Varsity Jacket is now available at Hymns."

Information Courtesy Of: Vagant.Com

Available Online Here: Hymns.Jp


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Apparently, judging from my 1st 2 entries today, this last Monday of 2008 is all about creative collaborations and the reconstruction of classic standards. Hey, that's cool with me ... innovation is right up the Livestyle alley. In any event, much like a mouth wateringly delicious chicken and broccoli combination plate from Brooklyn's very own hood famous Kum Kau Chinese Restaurant, the Journal Standard Hooded Varsity Jacket is a must have combo.

To my loyal Livestyle readers, my affinty for varsity jackets is nothing new, however, I have yet to really address my L.O.V.E. for the classic duffle/toggle/Paddington Bear coat. I have been wearing both styles of coats before Complex Magazine or whatever trendoid manual Y.O.U. fancy told Y.O.U. that these outerwear choices were the way to go.

Now, thanks to the minds behind the designs (NOTE: Ohhhhhhhh, that should be the title of an ongoing feature @ Livestyle. Please make a note of it ... lol.) Journal Standard, I no longer have to choose between 2 of my favorite looks. I mean, the supple leather arms and pocket accents, the simple toggle @ the top and the good hoody (can't forget the hoody) make this some true fly nigga hardcore shit (shout out to the homie Ameer) for the corner store couture crowd. Yeah, I fuxs with this.

No comments: