Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CurT@!n$ - Night Of The Living Dope (Johnny's Revenge) x A Story Of Brooklyn Partners In Crhyme.

CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Being an aspiring rapper has not been all empty promises from A&R's and fake, "We've gotta get up" industry invites. Contrary to what some might believe, I have not spent my time outside of the studio pitching boiled cocaine on the "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" ... lol. In fact, I have been blessed to meet some incredibly talented people. Some of these inspirational individuals I have even bonded with. CurT@!n$ is 1 such artist.

Maaaaaaaaaan, I haven't seen the homie in like 2 years since he's been posted in L.A., but he's like a little brother to me. We've bodied too many shows together, put in work @ too many studio sessions, had too many adventures around the country together with his team and mine and I even penned (or typed, as it were ... lol) his 1st bio. I have had the pleasure of watching him grow from a 16 year old punchline prodigy into an artist unafraid to take chances - some good, some not so much - but, always committed to his music and defining his own lane within it.

Real Talk Time: CurT@!n$ and his enigmatic style pre-dates any Mickey Factz/Wale kind of rap. Oh yeah, ask CurT@!n$ about my vintage gear game ... I've been heavy in this before Y.O.U. even thought about a rope chain or Benetton my nig. Anyway, even though my nigga CurT@!n$ sure is chowing down on a lot of pootang pie in this non-sequitur tour de force, this video does not disappoint. Yes, the Livestyle co-sign and seal of approval has been awarded to this man. Holla @ ya boy in BK!


L to R: Me, CurT@!n$, Paul Parris And My-Brother-From-Another-Mother Charms @ Anton Marchand's Annual Birthday Party @ Club BLVD 03-24-04. NOTE: In The Background My Brother Niketown And G.O. Are Pictured As Well. Classic photo yall.

No comments: