Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Leica M7 Hermès Edition Camera = A Picture That's Worth $14,000 Words.


"Leica has now confirmed the limited edition Leica M7 Hermes Edition. This is the second collaboration between Leica and Hermes and there will only be 200 of these limited edition Leica M7s produced, 100 will be in orange and 100 in green. Each camera will also feature a special sequential serial number between 001 and 200.

All of the control elements of the LEICA M7 Edition ‘Hermès’ have been manufactured exclusively in metal, and the back of the camera is finished in silver chrome. While the red color of the engraved AUTO and flash settings on the shutter speed dial have been replaced by the shade of the camera’s leather.

The Leica M7 Hermes Edition will go on sale in the UK in December for £8,550 or about $14,300."

Information Courtesy Of: Slipperybrick.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Whilst I am a man of very few regrets, I do bemoan my lack of photos from my youth. I mean, I've got some classic New York City Forty Deuce airbrushed back drop pictures floating around along with the mandatory look-@-me-and-my-copious-amount-of-overpriced-champagne-bottles flicks from my clubbing days, however, there are waaaaaaaaaaaay too many definitive moments missing from the scrapbook of my life.

Thankfully, my mother is the brilliant chief executive photographer of our fine family and has exhaustively amassed the lion's share of our archival history. Additionally, my mommy dearest L.O.V.E.s the legendary Parisian high-fashion house of Hermès. Now tell me, could there be any better gift for her than this über limited Leica M7 Hermès Edition Camera?

The 2nd collaboration between German camera and optics manufacturer Leica and luxury Atelier Hermès is set @ 200 production pieces - 100 in the signature Hermès orange colorway and 100 in green. Covered with exquisite Barenia calfskin leather, each silver-chrome finished retro looking 35mm camera kit set also comes encased in an elegantly silk-lined box and is sequentially numbered between 001 and 200. This pricey $14,300 pictorial play mate is perfect for the millionaire shutterbug enthusiast. Don't trip though homie, it's all about the carpenter and NOT the expensive tools. Focus.

No comments: