Thursday, November 5, 2009

Helloooooo Ladies: Featured LiveStyle Lady: Anna Hovet.


"With a passion to add beautiful and interesting things to the world, Anna Hovet moved from North Dakota to Chicago in 2003. She attended the School of the Art Institute of Chicago where she studied design, patternmaking, illustration, and fine art, and earned her BFA.

Anna’s determination to be a well-rounded designer led her to Chicago’s well-known store Akira, where she worked as a stylist and fashion show coordinator while in college. After graduating, she was hired by Kids Headquarters where she designed layette for Ecko, Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, and Target.

Anna is currently launching her first full collection – Anna Hovet Fall 2009 for women, and developing her newest concept – Hovet for men. She is also selling custom-made pieces to individual clients and at a local boutique.

Beyond designing, she freelances as a stylist and frequents art, music, fashion, and social events to evaluate developing trends and anticipate their usability."










Information Courtesy Of: AnnaHovet.com


The First Lady Of LiveStyle Says: I take my duties as the chief contributing LiveStyle Lady very seriously so it's only right that I present to Y.O.U. one of Chicago's finest fashion forward femme fatales: Anna Hovet. I had the distinct pleasure of being introduced to Anna's work by a mutual friend who wanted me to actually participate in creating her look-book. (Shout out to James "Mr. 10 Photos" Harris for trying ever so hard to make a model out of me! LOL!) Although I wasn't successful in doing so, I still had the pleasure of meeting Anna shortly thereafter @ Leaders where she was holding a clothing drive for Homeless Shelters in Chicago. Yes, it's true that us LiveStyle Ladies are certainly more than capable of just being fly females.. ;c ) 

As a Designer in Residence at the Chicago Fashion Incubator, Anna's work has been featured in the September issue of Lucky Magazine and recently graced the cover of The Chicago Tribune to name a few. As Y.O.U. can see, her Fall '09 collection is nothing less than amazing. The limited edition pieces are available for sale at select boutiques as well as online @ www.annahovet.com.

Although I missed the debut of her Spring/Summer '10 collection this past week in Chicago's famous Millenium Park for the kick-off of the annual Macy's Designer's of Chicago Show, thankfully, I was lucky enough to see previews of her latest enchanting collection in the confines of my Gmail. I won't spoil the surprise but I can give Y.O.U. my guarantee that Y.O.U. will be anything but disappointed when I post the Spring line in it's entirety. My advice to Y.O.U. until then: Stay Tuned! Anna has officially been LiveStyle approved. ;c )

Signing Off...
Aisha



No comments: