Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Young Jeezy x Jay-Z "Put On Remix" Live @ MSG x A Special LiveStyle Commentary.


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As a decorated veteran of many a Jay-Z show (NOTE: Dating back to his "Reasonable Doubt" days when his "stage presence" consisted of impeccable designer duds, the requisite bottle of pre-prejudice-prohibition Cristal champagne and all the nimble witted "rich nigga rhetoric" that Y.O.U. could handle), I no longer find myself in an emotionally vulnerable state that compels me to fight for tickets in a frenzy and/or call Carline Balan and appeal to her kindest angels any and everytime that Jay-Z announces a New York City/Tri-State Area concert date ... lol.

No, me thinks that I have seen enough "Big Pimpin'" and "P.S.A." performances to last a lifetime. In fact, I could theoretically fill-in as Shawn Corey Carter's lead stage manager blindfolded! Yup, another Jay-Z show sounded just about as exciting to me as watching drying paint do taxes ... or so I thought. Dammit man! Once again, my perpetually "over it" jaded attitude mugged my happiness and robbed me of the chance to go to what, by all accounts, turned out to be an incredible concert - last night's Blueprint 3 blowout bonanza @ New York City's Madison Square Garden.

Leave it to the 1-and-only Jiggaman to turn fans and casual detractors alike into Pavlovian slobbering dogs filing into, ironically, the home of the Westminster Dog Show and, for 1 night, effectively transforming The Garden into Young Vito's very own personal house of worship ... lol. Brooklyn has experienced major gentrification and, never fail, everytime the big homie takes the stage, even other top-tier artists experience "groupie-fication" ... lol. Waddup Weezy? Yes, there are "stars" and then there are "super stars". Watch and learn boys and girls.

No comments: