Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Mr. Bathing Ape x Regal Shoes = Monkey Shines (An Experiment In Fresh Gear).


"As part of the Mr. Bathing Ape Collection, a collaboration between United Arrows and Bape, they worked with Regal on two shoes. A loafer comes in black leather with the line’s moustache logo and a lace-up comes with a dotted Bapesta logo on the toe cap. Both will be released along with the rest of the line on March 25th."

Information Courtesy Of: Highsnobiety.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Lest memory fails them, ALL loyal Livestyle readers should no doubt recall my mythical disdain for BAPE. Well, perhaps I am going a bit overboard. To clarify, there are a number of dope original pieces from the brand that Nigo built that I really do like, however, on the whole, I regard BAPE to basically be astronomically priced bootleg knock-offs of other goods. It is what it is.

That having been said, I know fly when I see it and these Mr. Bathing Ape x Regal Shoes certainly fit the bill. The Mr. Bathing Ape Collection in conjunction with United Arrows is composed of tailored pieces that bespeak a classic bespoke elegance in direct contrast to the elevated streetwear that BAPE is known for - and these shoes are the perfect foundation.

Even though Y.O.U. will never catch me looking like some high-watered pants up, suspendered down fake ass 1930's hipster paperboy (Or a "Newsies" movie reject ... lol), I do like where this style trend is going. Sign me up for the slick wingtips with that good BAPESTA star logo on the toe. Good shit!





No comments: