Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Premium Label Grenade "No. 5" T-Shirt = All Is Fair In L.O.V.E. x War-drobe.


Available Online Here: Balancelifestyles.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: A few years back, after having spent the majority of the Summer swimming in an ocean of streetwear just off the coast of "Cool", my forward thinking friends and I gathered along the sandy shore to watch the tide of fly-by-night t-shirt brands come crashing down. We have not boarded a Jitney and ventured back to that once popular retreat ever since.

Lyrical lambasting aside, as streetwear became too much of a #TrendingTopic and seemingly EVERYONE haphazardly launched a line of ironically titled tees, I packed up belongings and moved to higher and flyer ground (NOTE: Brands such as Brooklyn Circus, Supreme, Stussy and other innovative purveyors of exclusivity do not apply as they transcend any trendy "streetwear" nomenclature). That having been said, as the days get longer and our sleeves get shorter, it is a must that I freshen my palate for the new season.

Even with my heightened aesthetic taste, I am relatively "low maintenance" - especially during the Summer months. At any given time my post-Winter wardrobe will consist of 4 camouflage shorts (NOTE: I'm sorry homie, but I haven't seen a pair of jean shorts that I would let touch me in like 4 years ... lol) and copious amounts of sneakers, t-shirts and polo tops. This is where the Premium Label Grenade "No. 5" T-Shirt comes into play. The beautiful minds behind Premium Label have made a name for themselves as the go-to tops-shop for t-shirts, crewnecks and hoodies featuring rapscallion re-renderings of glamorous haute couture runway models and the legendary logos of high-end fashion houses like Gucci and Chanel.

Although small percentage of their designs border on the terribly tacky side of corny (1 unfortunate t-shirt incorporates the abhorrent common colloquial language crutch that is the often misused word "swagger") this brilliant Chanel "No. 5" flipping tee makes me want to pull the pin on this bad boy ASAP! The $24 price tag might not be a problem, however, finding this premium product still in stock might be ... lol. Get yours.

No comments: