Monday, September 28, 2009

R.I.P. Derrion Albert - Teenage Gang Violence In Chicago.



I am almost @ a loss for words right now. It saddens me to watch this a thousand miles away from a place that I love to call home. But at the same time I'm blessed to be able to say I'm not present to be around that atmosphere. The brawl took place near Fenger High School, which is literally in the heart of the hundreds of Chicago, 5 minutes away from my house. I have friends that live on this block who I haven't been able to get in contact with.

Nas wrote an open letter to young warriors via his Global Grind page stating : "Everybody knows Chicago breeds the strongest of the strong but I just feel, me, being ya brother from another state feels your pain as if I grew up with Y.O.U." All I can do is sit here in New York and pray that these kids learn from their mistakes and change for the better. I would like for Y.O.U. to do the same. This has to stop. R.I.P Derrion Albert.

Signing Off...


P.S.
To whomever managed to stand there and capture this horrific act on film, please re-prioritize your life. This vicious video clip aint some "World's Most Dangerous Police Videos" Sunday programming schedule filler crap ... no, this is evidence of peoples lives Y.O.U. were witnessing being taken away. As my brother Chris Live would say: "Life is not a game Y.O.U. play with." SMH...

No comments: