Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"The Gentleman, The Rapper"

Everybody knows this man from his 1993 hit single "I Got A Man", but Positive K was doing his thing waaaaaaaay before that yo. MC Lyte wasn't havin' it in their song together and, of course, there was this old school banger "Step Up Front". Peep the classic Lo Cookie goose in this clip and the Benetton ... I've still got my shit in the closet ready to hurt some feelings son.

This video was taped off of Video Music Box too ... if that aint some "Old School @ Noon" New York City Hip Hop shit, then I don't know what it is. Does anybody remember rushing home @ 4:30PM to catch Ralph McDaniels on UHF channel 31? I'm showing my age again, huh? Fuck that! I started young in the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

showing your age? you're a baby! It's better than being a 20 year old that doesn't know THIS STUFF. I wouldn't have it any other way!

"so plan your prevention, i'm the best in your dimension..don't cause static and i don't like tension"

Yes yes sir...good one. Thanks for that.