Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Helloooooo Ladies: New Gucci Crystal "GG" Handbags Fall 2008/Winter 2009.


"The GG Girl

28 July 2008, 10:18AM

THOSE looking for the next It-bag should look no further than Gucci's new Crystal GG bags for autumn/winter 2008-9.

Creative Director Frida Giannini has reinvented the classic Sixties Gucci canvas, updating it with a sleek, glossy coating, re-worked to have a patent finish.

"This is a historical Gucci fabric that I have re-invented in a very fun way," says Giannini. "With Crystal GG, each accessory becomes a statement-maker, perfect for the powerful and glamorous Gucci woman of today."


The key to puttin' other chicks on the disabled list with this bag will be brandishing it early AND often.  It doesn't take a psychic to see a future where Canal Street knockoffs and eBay ripoffs of this bag run rampant.  Any logo can sometimes be too much "look-@-me-and-my-insert-hauty-tauty-brand-name-here" action, but, then again, every once in awhile it can work masterfully.  You see it.  It is what it is.  


Read The Full Story Here: Vogue.Com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'"look-@-me-and-my-insert-hauty-tauty-brand-name-here" action, but, then again, every once in awhile it can work masterfully. '

That's so true.
Also, I never understood buying knock offs. Personally, it just doesn't make sense to buy an $80 knock off for the sake of a logo. I can get a fresh no-logo bag somewhere else. If I walk down the street with my knock off, who really gives a crap? Honestly. Oh! Maybe someone will think I'm makin' fresh ends...but when I go home and it's old mother hubbard in my kitchen, that's when I'd feel like a fool.

Just because you have a designer bag doesn't mean the lights are on upstairs. (literally and figuratively)