Saturday, October 29, 2011

What The Slush?


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Well, well, well, Winter sure is in a hurry! My Summer clothes have had barely enough time to become balled-up wrinkled memories stuffed in a plastic storage bin and it's already snowing in New York City! In October? Hold up, let me check my trusty complimentary calendar from my local Chinese Cleaners. Yup, it's October ... the 29th of the month to be exact.

Today is a new day. Life post-global warming (NOTE: Or, because although completely accurate in its description of the Earth's rising temperature I do believe the term to be somewhat of a misnomer, what I like to call "global fuckery".) has reduced meteorology and, more specifically, weather forecasting to a fucking guessing game - and we're all pretty much used to this new reality. But THIS!? I mean, literally as recently as last week there was a lone Mister Softee® Ice Cream Truck desperately cruising my hood, shaking down kids and extorting parents for every last bit of change available before having to park up until next year and now, as I type this, there is a snowplow pushing slushy misery down my block. SMH. Un. Fucking. Believable.

The Farmer's Almanac called it my nigga; Winter 2011-2012 is finna be no joke! Y.O.U. already know.

No comments: