Friday, August 21, 2009

Ralph Lauren Says, "Hi Hipster" @ The Hotel Delmano In Williamsburg, Brooklyn!


"Ralph Lauren Hits the Bar in Williamsburg

A tipster reports Ralph Lauren shocked hipsters when he made a surprise appearance at the Hotel Delmano in Williamsburg last night. His white hair stood out among the twentysomething clientele as a man showed him around the bar. It looked like he was scoping out the place as a possible location for some sort of fabulous event. Wearing an RL-emblazoned T-shirt, he seemed to approve of the dark wood, marble, and classic fixtures. Before long he boarded one of the two Escalades parked outside, and left."

Information Courtesy Of: NYmag.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Although I take great pains to avoid such Hipsterific enclaves as the once respectable Williamsburg, Brooklyn neighborhood (NOTE: No offense to anybody whom has lived there for more than a decade), I might have to reconsider my staunch anti-poser playground stance if the above story is indeed true. I mean, style icon and billionaire fashion magnate Ralph Lauren rarely, if ever, rides his Polo pony into my borough. Thank GOD this looks to have only been a preliminary scouting mission @ the swank-place-to-get-tanked in Billyburg that is the Hotel Delmano - meaning, that if Ralph does decide to have a soiree here, I've still got time to call my contacts @ Ralph Lauren and get it in. Paging Paul Choi! Holla @ ya boy in BK!


BONUS:

Really, there is honestly no good reason that I wouldn't take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my classic revelatory song "Hi Hipster", which was single-handedly responsible for the great Hipster Holocaust Of 2008. Sometimes I have to take such measures (like reposting this video) lest my ever growing loyal Livestyle readership forget what side of the war we're on. Real recognize real. You're welcome. You're ALL welcome!

No comments: