Sunday, February 26, 2012

2 Chainz Ft. Jadakiss - One Day At A Time (Official Music Video)(Directed By Jim Jones)


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So, of course, any contemporary Hip Hop aficionado worth his/her salt is no doubt familiar with the appellation "Jimmy From 5H" - a reverent designation bestowed upon Jim "Last Man Standing For Chrissy Lampkin" Jones by his childhood friend Cam'ron in recognition of his humble Harlem beginnings in an apartment demarked "5H". Get it? Got it? Good.

However, now, in 2012, allow me to formally submit the possibility that the very same "H" in "5H" is evolving and, in the not too distant future, may come to represent much more than an apartment number. Indeed, the honorable letter "H" when mentioned in association with Jim Jones may come to mean "Hype" ... as in Hype Williams. Nahh, let me chill ... but it IS nice to see Mr. "Love And Hip Hop" get back behind the camera lens and diversify his artistic portfolio. I mean, I don't think Y.O.U. could really put "I'm not a tough guy, but I play one on T.V." on your resume, right? Yeeeeeeeeeah, probably not. LOL.

Oohh, lest I forget boys and girls ... this song itself meets the standard for a schedule I narcotic and thereby legitimately qualifies as a controlled substance. Don't push the "SNOOZE" button on the homie 2Chainz too hastily either my nigga ... especially since he kinda DOES body Jadakiss (NOTE: Who clearly smoked a zip of "Dour" and "mailed it in" on his verse, but still.) on this track. ".40 hit 'em, leave 'em wet ... baptized ... and you know I'ma sucker for long hair and wet thighs ..." Wooooooooooooooo! That's that real "Codeine Cowboy" talk right thurr boy! LOL. Good shit!

No comments: