Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Missoni x Converse Chuck Taylor For Fall/Winter 2011-2012 = Garden Fresh Italian Dressing.


"Missoni continues to work with Converse on various sneaker silhouettes. A couple of weeks ago we showed you their collaborative Auckland Racer, which was unfortunately only made for the show and it looks like will not see a general release.

What will release, is this new colorway of the Chuck Taylor, featuring the signature Missoni woven upper, matched with royal blue leather accents. It comes as part of Missoni’s Fall/Winter 2011 Collection and should release in the coming months.
"

Information Courtesy Of: Highsnobiety.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: The continuing collaborative success story that is the Converse Chuck Taylor and Missoni is most assuredly NOT a marriage of convenience, but rather 1 of excellent mode and glowingly polished pedigree. Ok, ok, ok ... I know that I'm laying the superlatives on a little thick over here, but please bear with me.

As I communicated to early adopters of the Livestyle discipline waaaaaaaaay back in 2009, my affinity for Missoni's nutty knits goes back quite some time. Basically, when everybody was going crazy for Crayola®-colored Coogi Australia sweaters during the late 1990's, in my ongoing life long pursuit of all things "fly", I set my ballerific aspirational sights on Italian label Missoni as an advanced alternative to combat all of the Bill Cosby/Mase knitwear madness that consumed far too many sheeple of that era. Anyway, it is precisely that appreciation of history that inspires this post today.

These Missoni x Converse Chuck Taylor for Fall/Winter 2011 represent the next phase of this classy footwear conspiracy and I must say that I really like where this concept is heading. See, I wasn't a super fan of the 1st edition of this series a few years ago - the colorways were too bright and tangy for a nigga like me to ever honestly consider sporting - but, the Earth-tone woven uppers with black rubberized toe-cap and just a pop of royal blue accents on these bad boys is right up my Brooklyn alley! This Autumn (NOTE: Ooooooo! Hopefully just in time for Fashion Week 2011!) I might have to tell a whole lot of people to fall the fuck back with a pair of these luxe laceups on ... lol. Stop playing.



No comments: