Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Spring/Summer 2010 Converse x Missoni Premium "Chuck" Hi Sneakers = GOD Bless This Mess!


"The latest high-low collaboration involves Italian line Missoni and sneaker maker Converse. WWD reports that at Saturday's Missoni menswear show in Milan in addition to the fashion on the runway showing Angela Missoni's spring/summer 2010 line, attendees got a first look at the Premium Chuck Hi Missoni which were worn by Tai Missoni. The sneakers will be part of the spring/summer 2010 line. Converse has done lines with many designers including Thome Browne."

Information Courtesy Of: Luxist.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Admittedly, these are NOT the most attractive sneaker collaborations to catch my ever discerning eye, however, I hold a V.I.P. special place in my cold heart for Missoni.

It all started when Coogi was the craze and paid men and women rocked that Australian brand's expensive wear from head-to-toe (Shout out to my sister-from-another-mister Shaka Don ... the story of her incredible life is coming soon!). See, while I had the requisite Coogi sweaters necessary to meet my New York City late 1990's Hip Hop head requirements, as their popularity grew, I yearned for something more ... something more exclusive. See, Livestyle is an exquisite ideology that predates this blog - I have always wanted the best of everything. Enter: Missoni.

Created by Ottavio "Tai" Missoni and Rosita Missoni in 1953, this forward thinking modern Italian fashion house has made quite a name for itself as a firm that specializes in unique knitwear made of vibrant colors and whimsical patterns. So, when I wanted some wild unconventional knits without the Harlem-World-circus-clown look, I dipped into Century 21 and copped my 1st Missoni - the rest is history.

Although the 2 pictured releases from the new Converse x Missoni Premium "Chuck" Hi designer sneaker collection aren't really doing it for me, my respect for the Missoni name has convinced me to withhold judgement until I see their entire concept range. Hey, it's the least that I can do. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: