Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Live From (capsule) Paris: The New Rocky Mountain Featherbed Co. Collection = Mount FRESHmore.


"(capsule) Paris brings us some looks from the Rocky Mountain Featherbed Co. specializing in down down feather vests and jackets. The company, originally founded in Wyoming, has a a strong following in the Japanese market, but with their showing in Paris, expectations are set high for the brand’s strong return to form in Europe and North America."

Information Courtesy Of: Selectism.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Far from the quite pleasing, yet downright delusional practice of hopelessly wishful thinking, I have indeed begun to notice that the days are once again getting longer. No surprises here ... this sort of thing happens every year ... lol. I only mention this welcome natural time shift because - believe it or not - Spring is fast approaching and because, in light of that fact, I probably have no business posting more and more Winter wear ... lol.

Be that as it may, I ask Y.O.U., my loyal Livestyle readership, how could I NOT post the magnificence that is the Rocky Mountain Featherbed Co.'s recently unveiled collection @ (capsule) Paris 2010? I'm waiting for an answer. Huh? That's right, I couldn't allow such a worthwhile range of dope down jackets and vest to go unacknowledged.

As usual, their latest offering seamlessly blends excellent and extremely functional production quality with just the right amount of mature sophistication. The resulting achievement is that of looking like a wealthy lumberjack! LOL.

Now, while researching this entry this morning (NOTE: No, I don't simply lazily copy-and-paste other website's articles like soooooooooo many other blogs do. I pride myself on doing my homework ... although my former school teachers would certainly beg to differ ... lol) it has come to my attention that the original Jackson, Wyoming Rocky Mountain Featherbed Co. folded their feather filled quilted comforters a long time ago and that what we see today are actually pristine Japanese reproductions of classic O.G. styles with a twist of modernity. Hey, no beef here homie. The Japan based company that took over this label has done nothing but justice to the Rocky Mountain Featherbed Co. name and have made it a darling of the advanced underground fashion scene. America's "Ski Country" never looked so fly. Good show!

No comments: