Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Official Livestyle MTV 2011 VMA's Recap AKA This Is The 3rd Annual This Is The G-Cap/This Is The G-Mix!


Uno.



Dos.



Tres.



Quatro.



Cinco.



BONUS: Beyonce's Womb = The REAL Watch The Throne.


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: I will be the 1st to admit that my once prodigious publishing output has slowed to a crawl for much of this Summer. I could easily point to the fact that where other bloggers often post some greasy talking-from-the-comfort-of-an-internet-cafe misinformed barbs, I actually do extensive research in my continued effort to provide the loyal Livestyle community with the unique brand of intelligent commentary that Y.O.U. have come to cherish over the years. To be sure, my "quality over quantity" approach to blogging is beyond repute, however, to reflexively rely on such an excuse without acknowledging my own shortcomings would be tantamount to "copping a plea", and I'm just not comfortable with doing shit like that homie. Y.O.U. and I both deserve better.

To that end, whilst the 2011 MTV V.ideo M.usic A.wards did take place nearly 2 long days ago, it would be most negligent of me to not weigh in on the annual collective celebrity self aggrandizing party that is this show with some of my signature editorialization. My general animus towards ALL award shows aside, it is my sworn duty to provide Y.O.U. with a brief rundown of all the pop-culture news that is fit to type ... lol.

Anyway, broadcasting live from the West Coast for the 3rd consecutive year (NOTE: An incredibly fortuitous feat of scheduling as this weekend was ALL about Hurricane-turned-limping-tropical-storm-Irene for those of us along the East Coast), the 2011 VMA's was as star-studded an event as any. Now, honestly, I did NOT watch the entire show. No, instead this entry has been cobbled together from a handful of Google searches in preparation for this post and the few performances that I did see when flipping back-and-forth from NFL Sunday Night Football. Don't hate.

Soooooooooooo, what did I learn this year boys and girls? Well, 1) Beyonce is pregnant by Jay-Z. This factoid came to my attention courtesy of my stompingly excited Facebook status newly informed girlfriend. Big whoops! I mean, I'm happy for them, but I don't care like that my nigga. 2) Lady Gaga might be well on her outrageous way to becoming as great a thespian as she is a singer. Her spirited rendition of stereotypical working class New York City every-man "Jo Calderone" made me laugh ... a little. 3) Britney Spears is back. Justin Beiber can't be stopped. And Nicki Minaj is styled by the drug LSD. Oh yeah, proud poppa to be Jay-Z and Kanye West performed "Otis" like 2 kids in a candy store and Lil Wayne closed out the show with "How To Love" and "John".

At the end of the day, as always, some people lost and some people won. A good time was had by all. Holla @ ya boy in BK!

No comments: