Wednesday, March 23, 2011

*eBay Alert* The Iconic O.G. 1992 Ralph Lauren Polo "Sit Down" Bear Is Up For Grabs! *DISCLAIMER* It's A Size Small Though ... LOL.)



View The eBay Auction Online Here: Some 5 Foot Tall Nigga Is About To Hit The LOttery!


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: In spite of the freezing snow that falls today that threatens to rub deicing salt in the wounds of Winter weary New Yorkers, please believe that Spring IS indeed upon us. How do I know? A little thing called my trusty calendar and the Vernal Equinox! LOL.

In any event, I raise this seasonal issue because I realize that this post may seem a bit out of place given where our weather is currently heading. However, in my defense, allow me to dutifully point out that A) off-season shopping is often the best time to score clothing that would otherwise be in super high demand and B) there is NEVER a wrong time to acquire some truly vintage Ralph Lauren Polo to add to your collection. I know that I normally don't do this, but I like Y.O.U. guys ... plus, I could not and would not dare try to squeeze my lanky ass into this I.T. ... no matter how much I want it for myself ... lol.

Anyway, while gearing up for today's round of fly individual entries into the trusted pages of the Livestyle Almanac, I spotted this O.G. 1992 Ralph Lauren Polo "Sit Down" Bear on everybody's favorite online flea market, eBay. It looks to be in pretty good condition and, being that it is a size small adult, it shouldn't be too hard for a tiny LO enthusiast to snatch this up on the cheap ... lol.

Now, be clear, the iconic Ralph Lauren "Sit Down" Bear has been reproduced a gazillion times, but this is an original 1st edition circa 1992. Basically, if your "Sit Down" Bear doesn't have the red wool threaded "RL 92" (NOTE: Or blue threaded monogram on both the red and ultra rare cream versions) on the bottom front left hand side of the sweater, then Y.O.U. my friend are dealing with a lesser bear ... a mere cub of questionable repute ... lol.

Long story short, if Y.O.U. rock an adult size small OR a medium (NOTE: The linen/cotton blend employed for many of Ralphie's early Teddy knits is quite forgiving, but please be reasonable my nigga ... lol), then Y.O.U. need to keep an eye on this auction b. Happy hunting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just listed on ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370510563280&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT