Wednesday, February 17, 2010

XXL’s Freshmen 2010 (A New Breed Of Hustlers) Presents: Nipsey Hussle (Freestyle)


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As a man of discerning taste, I have frequently been unfairly accused of being "hard to impress". I, however, dismiss such whiny complaints as erroneous banter and counter that I, in fact, am not difficult to please @ all, but rather that most people are simply thoroughly unimpressive. With respect to Hip Hop and Rap in particular (NOTE: There is a difference), it is not my fault that our once cutting-edge language of lyricism has dulled it's mighty blade ferociously cutting a path to the "Top 40" charts @ the expense of content and substance. Nevertheless, after years of watching the formerly razor sharp minds of Rap fans go butter-knife limp, I can still recognize true talent in my midst and will forever be a champion of dope MC's. So, while I flat out refuse to post the entire XXL Magazine hit-or-miss Top 10 List of whom they imagine to be the "best of the breed" for the Freshman Class Of 2010, I have absolutely no probelmo highlighting the cream of that crop.

Listen, "buzz" is a highly perishable commodity that I do not trust. When the fireworks fade and all of the little anonymous message board critics and dick riding bloggers disappear, the only thing that matters is the truth AKA good product. Sure, freestyles are fun for everyone, but when it comes to this line of work, above all else, I need to hear good music ... point, blank, period.

To that end, the "Slauson Boy" Nipsey Hussle has been steady mobbin' for a minute and has become a big ole' Crip blip on the Rap world's Doppler radar. Message To Nipsey Hussle: Skills don't have a coast my nigga. I see Y.O.U. kid. Good shit!

No comments: