Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Ralph Lauren Tartan Duffel From The Holiday 09 Collection = Duffle Bag Man.


"Ralph Lauren tartan duffel: Part of Lauren's luxe new Holiday Collection, rooted in the spirit of 1930's Sun Valley, the famous Idaho ski resort frequented by socialites and celebrities. Tartan plaid wool with saddle leather trim embodies wintry sophistication."


Information Courtesy Of: Luxist.Com


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: Yes, as the clock ticks down to Christmas 2009, I, in my infinite lack of wisdom, have yet again procrastinated my way into a corner ... I am still not done shopping nor have I compiled a definitive wishlist of my very own. I am probably going to get hit with all kinds of colognes (Moderately cool.) and/or gift cards to places that I'll most likely never use (Not cool. A waste of both your time and mine). So, in a last ditch effort to ring in the new year with loads of new gear, in the next coming days I will overload your senses with fly gifts that I L.O.V.E. (Hint! Hint!) and I will extend my acceptance of charitable donations until New Year's Eve to better accommodate my generous fans.

Fashion is cyclical. As such, a point that I always attempt to drive home to my loyal Livestyle community is that no colorful au curant trend can box with the arms of classic sophistication. To that end, I have placed a moratorium on men purchasing new Louis Vuitton duffle bags (NOTE: A Well worn and travelled Louis duffle conveys a sense of appreciation for the distinct craftsmanship of such an item and is completely acceptable.) and, instead, would like to suggest that highbrow hustlers eschew crass "look-@-me" flash for true panache. Take for example the Ralph Lauren Tartan Duffel from their Holiday 09 Collection.

Inspired by the world renowned affluent resort village of Sun Valley, Idaho, this range "embodies wintry sophistication with luxe cashmeres, rich tartan plaids, regal velvets and chic yet rustic details, creating gifts with a nod to classic American heritage and modern sensibility." Once again, Ralph Lipschitz has exalted the Anglo influence (NOTE: In this case utilizing the traditional Scottish print "Tartan" ... what most of us on this side of the pond call "Plaid") on Americana to harrowing levels of contemporary brilliance. Simple, yet elegantly effective and reflective of a truly elevated sense of style. I encourage all "playaz" to tighten their "circle" and become "duffle bag" men. Impress your connect. Niiiiiiiiiice.



BONUS:

I shouldn't have to really include this Playaz Circle video for the song that my thinly veiled double entendre made reference to in the title and body of this post, right? Like, we're all on the same page, right? Fuck it.

No comments: