Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Salute To Shyne x A (Brief) History Of Violence.



Uno.




Dos.




Tres.



Quatro.




Cinco.




Seis.




Seite.


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: In just a matter of days, Jamal "Shyne" Barrow will leave Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, NY and re-enter the world. Inspite of the fact that his outrageously narcissistic narcotics laced bars were heavily cut with fantasy and that he inexplicably chose to nickname himself "Shyne Po" after former Harlem kingpin Alberto "Alpo" Martinez - a super goverment snitch and the man responsible for the cowardly July 1991 murder of my cousin's father, legendary Brooklyn drug baron Domencio "Montana" Benson - my Herculean powers of selective denial have allowed me to seperate the MC from the music and the young man from the myth.

I know, I know, when he 1st attempted to enter the rap game his subject matter favored more of Nas's poignant poetry than outright hustler hyperbole and early on he did sound too much like the late, great B.I.G., but, as he matured musically, I began to look past all of that. Inspite of the message that 99.9% of his lyrics may convey, Shyne has always spoken intelligently in interviews and, after nearly 10 years down, I know that son has a gang of topics to address.

Yes, the man who re-introduced 40 Below Timberland boots to Hip Hop and made thermal undershirts dope boy de rigeur outerwear (Sorry Jim Jones) is ready to touch the scene. Message To Manny: I know that Y.O.U. are gonna have your hands full ... of more money ... lol. My Tennis Court niggas stand up! Flatbush, Brooklyn stand up! The real is almost back.




BONUS: A (Brief) History Of Violence:

Per our ironclad Livestyle user agreement, I am obligated to expand the boundaries of your understanding with regard to a wide range of topics ... the hood notwithstanding.

Pictured above are (L to R) Kendu, Domencio and Kendu's brother Ra'son. The aforementioned along with other such notorious notables as Don Pooh, Little Shawn (Yes, the rapper Little Shawn), T-Black, Scooter, Haitian Jack, King Tut, Polite, Killer Ben, Lou Hobbs, Calvin Klein, George Chang, Powerful, Jesus, Wonderful, Puma, Born Justice and even women like the Donner Sisters and my sister-from-another-mister Shaka Don and others all became legendary names to me. These men and women were larger than life. The tales of their street exploits where as memorable and fascinating to me as a young hoodster as the name Babe Ruth might be to young baseball fan. *Cue Goodfellas Voice* "As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster".

Through family and the streets I have crossed paths with too many G's to name, however, for the individuals that I met on good terms, I am forever grateful for the insight that I have gleaned from Y.O.U. and the experiences that I have shared with Y.O.U. Trust, 1 day, when it all makes sense, I will give the pioneers the attention that their dynamic stories deserve.

Not too many bloggers live the life that I live. Fuck it! Not too may people live the life that I live. Livestyle is cut from A. D.ifferent C.loth (Waddup Mandalay!?). It's oh sooooooo much deeper than rap yall. I thought Y.O.U. knew.

No comments: