Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Random Acts Of Flyness: I Cordially Invite Y.O.U. To Follow My Mind Map.


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: As your trusted aesthetic aggregator and chief curator of all things cool @ Livestyle, it is my job to scour the world (largely via the internet) to produce ambitious posts that inform the minds and please the delicate palates of my cosmopolitan clientele. Alas, such demanding interests require a good bit of inspiration and when the fashion news and mews of the day fails to become the apple of my ever discerning eye, I call on my rich Brooklyn, NY roots for inspiration. My musings require a muse ... often an entire brothel full ... lol. The photograph above is 1 such muse.

No, I aint never been a Lo-Life (in fact, on the come up as a juvenile delinquent H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks bent on securing my orange box cutter backed rep, I ran with The Decepticons ... the Lo-Lifes sworn enemies), I have ALWAYS carried on a torrid L.O.V.E. affair with all things fly and, Ralph Lauren Polo, was my gateway drug to a world of opulence.

We set the trends and, when our impeccable influence had spread too far and infected too many of the wrong people, like responsible materialistic M.edical E.xaminers, we pronounced said trends dead ... now, whether or not nasty cultural necrophiliacs continued to frolic with the cold corpses of trends past is an entirely different story my nigga ... lol. We never received the garment Gospel from on high, broadcast from "Mount Mainstream", we simply telegraphed our own evolving and expanding tastes with head-to-toe Random Acts Of Flyness and challenged 1 another to find something more exclusive.

Today, that same competitive spirit still defines my personal understanding of truly timeless and enduring style ... I do NOT want to look exactly like Y.O.U. ... I never have and I never will. Fix up and look sharp! This is Livestyle.

2 comments:

Mister Pink said...

O how I miss those days! Double-L

Mr.alieka said...

LMAO!