Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Here A Flu, There A Flu, Everywhere A Theraflu® !


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: In the interest of full disclosure and in an effort to explain my recently less than prolific post count and hopefully get some good home remedy advice, I am encouraged to inform Y.O.U. that I am currently fighting a steel cage match with seasonal allergies AND a cold. Yup, the pollen has got me by the short and curlies and the cold aint helping matters.

I type this missive with my now constant companion, a piping hot cup of Theraflu®, by my side, remote control to my left, MSNBC on my screen and a dream in my heart of hearts that this early Spring spoiler of a flu will soon pull a Pharcyde and start "passin' me by" ... lol. don't trip though, the grind don't stop. Holla @ ya boy in BK!



BONUS:

Alas, even in times when I find myself flying slightly under the weather, I remain committed to the noble daily errand of continued cultural refinement. As such, I could NOT simply make this post all about me, sans any relevant reference to the rich social terra firma that surrounds us. Today's hint was practically hidden in plain sight though and should NOT come as a revelation to my loyal Livestyle readers, but, rather,be viewed more as a welcome return to the classics.

The 1993 release of Pharcyde's "Passin' Me By" has evolved into a record that has ridden the train to "Timeless Town" and now defines a bygone era of emotional complexity and straight up fun in Hip Hop music. If Y.O.U. do NOT know the the lyrics to this tune word for word, now is your chance to learn them ... it's either that OR I highly suggest that Y.O.U. shoot yourself squarely in the face! LOL. Know the ledge.

No comments: