Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! A Belated Celebration For The O.G. M.aster O.f M.en AKA Mom's Rule!


"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895


"When I was a child, my mother said to me, 'If you become a soldier, you'll be a general. If you become a monk you'll end up as the pope.' Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso." ~Pablo Picasso


"A mother is she who can take the place of all others but
whose place no one else can take." ~Cardinal Mermillod


"The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests." ~Author Unknown



CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: An appreciation for the finer things in life *Cue Diddy Voice* "can't stop; won't stop" @ mere surface projections of mood and social modalities. Indeed, Livestyle (and basic good sense) dictates that a L.O.V.E. of family (NOTE: Blood and/or otherwise) ranks just below giving praise and glory to GOD - the luxurious trappings obtained when Y.O.U. flex your BUYceps and other monetary muscles, while very nice, rank a distant third homie. That having been said, Y.O.U. already know the special warm and insulated place reserved in my cold heart for Mother's Day. Yes, I am a "momma's boy" and I am damn proud of it!

Even today, nothing makes me more proud than to receive my mom's approval ... all I need is to see her smile. In between graham crackers and milk (NOTE: A growing boy needs his energy ... lol), my inner child still works tirelessly to create the perfect stale macaroni and Elmers© glue masterpiece for my #1 girl. I don't need to see it installed in the Louvre mom, the refrigerator will do.

A careless photoshoot scheduling conflict prevented me from actually spending this Mother's Day with my mommy or even posting an homage to all of the moms in my life here, but, never doubt that I am blessed and know well of the riches that have been bestowed upon me. Not only do I come from a brilliant biological lineage that I like to refer to as the "Sangre Royale", but, additionally, I am surrounded by phenomenal women - surrogate moms who lovingly guide me with a velvet glove, yet, would not hesitate to remove said glove and slap me with it if I played myself well out of pocket ... lol.

Listen, any sluttrampwhore whose Depo shot runs out can shove out a her demon spawn, but, not every child bearing female that is a "mother" is a mom. Remember that the next time that Y.O.U. forget your rubbers brother. I L.O.V.E. Y.O.U. mom. This is Livestyle.

No comments: