Thursday, May 28, 2009

For The Record: I Am Done With Complex Magazine AKA Fuck The Marc Ecko Chamber!




CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: From the outset, Livestyle has always been a labor of L.O.V.E. - L.O.V.E. for the finer things that life has to offer and, more importantly, L.O.V.E. for a like minded community of people whom have been left to waste away with very few sources for organic and healthy cultural nutrition. I feed the need. So far so good.

Evaluating this blog and assessing our progress as I do, I have unequivocally decided that it is high time that I not only encourage Y.O.U. to experience great things, but, that I also begin to actively dissuade Y.O.U. from squandering precious moments and brain cells on stupid pedestrian dalliances. To that end, I would like to introduce the brand new "For The Record" segment. The inaugural entry is dedicated to the ridiculously popular Trendoid Bible AKA Complex Magazine.

For the record, the title of this post is somewhat misleading; how can I be "done" with something that I truly never started with? I mean, when there aint nothing else popping on the newsstands I have been known to peruse the pages of the publication in question, but, I always knew that it was cat nip for Hispters ... lol. Anyway, when the New York City "Cab King" is low on cash and/or feels that mass transit would be the more expedient way to travel, I hop on the train and, as was the scenario today, I generally cop a magazine or 2 to keep me company on the iron horse.

So, with King Magazine being finito and me already having this month's Vibe Magazine, the homie wasn't left with too many options yall. Maxim don't really do it for me and with Soulja Boy Tell 'Em and a crew of other mildly retarded rappers reppin' the South on the cover of the latest XXL Magazine, I kind of had no choice other than to purchase the current Complex Magazine. Why the fuck did I do that? From page 1 immediately regretted buying this horrible Hipsterific handbook. It's mainstream marketing meets gay-stream targeting and I truly aint had no business reading this shit. In retrospect, the Jonah Hill/Katy Perry covers and the features on the uber cool Ken Jeong and Jorma Taccone had me fooled, but, once I saw Asher "Not-So-Great-White-Hype" Roth's racist faggot ass in there I knew that I had made the wrong decision. Complex Magazine is some "paint-by-numbers" bullshit perfect for all mindless tacky trend chasers - Translation: Loyal Livestyle members have no need for such drivel.

For the record, this is not a personal attack. I pride myself and my brand on integrity and, thanks to my good ole' hood code ethics, I simply cannot stand idly by while major portions of my culture, your culture, OUR CULTURE are being co-opted by clid-di-di-di-downs (Shout out to PUSH! Montana). Real niggas rise up! If Y.O.U. truly want to read a well written, multi-genre media magazine, go and get yourself an issue of Vice Magazine ... they rock. Follow the leader.



EDITOR'S NOTE: The above rant in no way inhibits my ability to accept and appreciate Complex Magazine's sexxxy Cassie, Kim Kardashian and whatever other b-a-d chicks photoshoots that they may publish in the future.  Come on, let's be reasonable people ... lol.  

No comments: