Friday, May 29, 2009

ATTENTION: I Need This Vintage Ralph Lauren 1989 "Cookie" Long Bill Cap x I Don't Care Who Gets Hurt In The Process! Call Me "Mr. Fields".



Check Out The Current eBay Auction Of My Dreams Here: Vintage Ralph Lauren Polo Cookie Patch Cap Yellow


CHRIS LIVE AKA SHAKER SAYS: The success of Livestyle as a brand and as the ultimate contemporary philosophical and cultural agent of change in Hip Hop depends largely on my ability to present to Y.O.U., my audience, a sincere and transparent vision to follow. To that end, I adhere to a strict "full disclosure" policy with regards to all things "fly" - basically, because I like Y.O.U. soooooooooo damn much, I have got to accuarately cue Y.O.U. in on certain things that I would normally not share with mere mortals ... lol.

Whilst I must respect their business acumen and their ability to court clueless consumers, I am none to pleased that many a trust-fund-kid-turned-high-fashion-low-standard-Hipster has taken over my beloved vintage gear game. Oh, Y.O.U. aint know? I does this for real and have been doing so long before The Retro Kids and their Skittles© pack fag friends ever thought about raping the Cross Coloured corpse of late 80's and early 90's commercial Hip Hop fashion. Honestly, if those dimwits knew anything they would be sporting more Fila, Coca Cola and Benetton AND they would be smart enough to realize that ghetto-blaster boom boxes did NOT rock during the blonde streak/flat top era ... but, I digress.

Anyway, instead of paying ridiculously jacked up premiums for vintage clothes from some middle man, I often take my chances rummaging through piles of long forgotten garments @ estate sales in rich communities, thrift stores in rich communities and on the global shopping community that is eBay. Yes, patience is truly a virtue and I have a closet full of 1-of-a-kind finds to prove it!

Am I happy that this über rare Ralph Lauren 1989 "Cookie" Long Bill Cap is already holding @ $182.50 with 4 days left? No. I'll tell Y.O.U. what though, if this baby stays under $500, I might have to go in on this purchase. I mean, paying this price for a hat is considered a cardinal sin by anybody who used to boost from stores and/or catch "vics" on the Franklin Shuttle, but, this is 20 years old and I do have the crisp matching Lo Goose for this champion I.T. supreme. What is a Brooklyn boy supposed to do? LOL. It is what it is.

1 comment:

Mr.alieka said...

CHRIS! i feel your pain!